About the room
BEAUTIFUL Fully Furnished Room for Rent in AWESOME House in Midtown (near Yonge and Eglinton!) Hello, possible future roomie! We have a fantastic bedroom with big windows for rent in our awesome house in the heart of midtown. Amazing location! The house is a short walk from everything you need like a Loblaws (the best one I have ever seen!), LCBO, tons of great restaurants and bars, about 10 Gyms (no exaggeration, including two Goodlifes, Fit factory, Orangetheory, and many more), Yoga studios, Sherwood Park (fantastic huge park with loads of great running/walking trails), Yonge and Eglinton TTC subway station (15 minute subway ride to downtown from this station!), Cineplex Movie theatre, Shopping mall, Comedy club, and loads more. Ideal place for young professionals or possibly students. My girlfriend and I live here with a couple other roomies. We are all mid 20s to early 30s, and are young professionals or graduate students, and we’ve all grown really close like a little family! Mix of guys and girls. We are all very friendly and fun to be around but also work focused so we are looking for others who are in the same boat. Location is approximately Broadway and Mt Pleasant (We’ll tell you the actual address once we get to talking a bit, but it’s on a nice side street near there.) It is important to have a relaxing, fun, easy living situation for everyone so we include some pretty awesome features such as:
- ALL INCLUSIVE RENT of all UTILITIES, GIGABIT (ridiculously fast) INTERNET, LAUNDRY, and HOUSEHOLD CONSUMABLES! (ie. We take care of buying paper towels, toilet paper, hand and dish soap, dishwasher tablets, and even laundry tablets to make it extra easy for everyone!).
- BIWEEKLY CLEANING INCLUDED for common areas (kitchen, bathrooms, living room, etc.). You don’t need to worry about any cleaning except your own room and cleaning up after yourself in common areas (ex. after cooking).
- FULLY FURNISHED with BEAUTIFUL FURNITURE. Bedroom has a big queen bed with drawers underneath for storage, a solid wood desk and dresser, and a lovely plant ← (but if you want to use any of own furniture, that’s okay too.)
Other great features include:
- Beautiful back deck and backyard garden
- Shared social living room w/ Bar and TV that has Netflix/Amazon Prime/and DisneyPlus.
- We have a garage that you can store (a bit of!) stuff if needed (bicycle, luggages bags, etc.) Important to note:
- There will be some normal house rules to follow such as quiet hours after 10 pm on weekdays, no dishes left in the sink (just put them in the dishwasher!), no wearing outdoor shoes in the house, etc.
- Single occupancy only. There just isn’t room for more couples. You are welcome to have a partner visit occasionally, but they should not be practically living with us!
- No pets (we love ‘em, and do sometimes have my girlfriend’s sweet and cute Chihuahua visit the house, but we can’t have any new pets joining unfortunately).
- Parking not available in driveway, BUT there is street parking out front and around the corner.
We currently have one beautiful room available for a November ASAP start! We had someone all lined up for Nov 1st but unfortunately it fell through last minute so the search is on again and we hope to fill it as soon as possible!
Additional details about room:
- Rent is 1290 all inclusive of everything (Utilities, internet, household consumables, furnishing, and biweekly cleaning of common areas)
- Has a big pretty south facing window that looks onto a quiet tree lined street
- Measures about 12’ x 10’ ft
If you are interested, send us a message with a little (or a lot!) about yourself. The more info the better as usually we receive a lot of messages and will have to decide between a number of candidates. We will just be trying to choose someone who we think will be the house.
- First and last month’s rent (last month will be used for your last month staying with us)
- Soft credit check (doesn’t affect your score)
- Proof of employment (can be your most recent paycheck or something like that) or Proof of enrollment (if you are a student)
- Preferred intention to stay at least 6 months to 1 year (but willing to discuss shorter terms as well)
- Fill out a get to know you questionnaire we made
About the roomies
A little more about us:
- I am a 31 year old Science Teacher and my girlfriend is a 26 year old Data Analyst. Our other roommates range from 23 to 28, are students or young professionals and are all fantastic people!
- We all work a lot right now but we enjoy hanging out at the end of the day and hearing each other’s funny stories of the day! My girlfriend and I are both really into travel, recreational sport, eating good food, hiking, and exploring the city.