Free to message
Rent$1,290 per month
Preferred genderFemales & males (no couples)
Available onJanuary 1
Background checks will be required for this roomLearn more
About the room
BEAUTIFUL Room for Rent in AWESOME House in Midtown (near Yonge and Eglinton!) Hello, possible future roomie! We have a fantastic bedroom with big windows for rent in our awesome house in the heart of midtown. Amazing location! The house is a short walk from everything you need like a Loblaws (the best one I have ever seen!), LCBO, tons of great restaurants and bars, about 10 Gyms (no exaggeration, including two Goodlifes, Fit factory, Orangetheory, and many more), Yoga studios, Sherwood Park (fantastic huge park with loads of great running/walking trails), Yonge and Eglinton TTC subway station (15 minute subway ride to downtown from this station!), Cineplex Movie theatre, Shopping mall, Comedy club, and loads more. Great place for young professionals or possibly students. My girlfriend and I live here with a couple other roomies. We are all mid-late 20s, and are young professionals or graduate/PhD students, and we’ve all grown really close like a little family! Mix of guys and girls. We are all very friendly and fun to be around but also very work focused so we are looking for others who are in the same boat. Location is approximately Broadway and Mt Pleasant (We’ll tell you the actual address once we get to talking a bit, but it’s on a nice side street near there.) It is important to have a relaxing, fun, easy living situation for everyone so we include some pretty awesome features such as:
- ALL INCLUSIVE RENT of all UTILITIES, GIGABIT (ridiculously fast) INTERNET, and HOUSEHOLD CONSUMABLES! (ie. We take care of buying paper towels, toilet paper, hand and dish soap, and dishwasher tablets, to make it extra easy for everyone).
- BIWEEKLY CLEANING INCLUDED for common areas (kitchen, bathrooms, living room, etc.). You don’t need to worry about any cleaning except your room.
- FULLY FURNISHED with NICE FURNITURE. Bedroom has a big luxurious queen bed, desk, dresser, mirror, and built in closet ← (but if you want to use any of own furniture, that’s okay too) Other great features include:
- Washer and dryer (free)
- Beautiful back deck and backyard garden
- Shared social living room w/ Bar and TV that has Netflix/Amazon Prime/and DisneyPlus.
- We have a garage that you can store (a bit of!) stuff if needed. Important to note:
- There will be some normal house rules to follow such as quiet hours after 10 pm on weekdays, no dishes left in the sink (just put them in the dishwasher!), no wearing outdoor shoes in the house, etc.
- Single occupancy only. There just isn’t room for more couples. You are welcome to have a partner visit occasionally, but they should not be practically living with us!
- No pets (we love ’em but some people are allergic).
- Parking not available in driveway, BUT there is street parking out front and around the corner.
We currently have TWO rooms to choose from that will become available in the new year, with a January 1st start (Sadly two of our roommates are moving away from Toronto for school/work purposes).
Room 1 (Master Bedroom): Rent is 1390 all inclusive of everything (Utilities, internet, household consumables, furnishing, and biweekly cleaning of common area) Measures about 12’7“ x 10’10“ ft Big beautiful window looking on to back garden with lots of trees
Room 2 (Regular Bedroom): Rent is 1290 all inclusive of everything (Utilities, internet, household consumables, furnishing, and biweekly cleaning of common areas) Measures about 9’9“ x 12’3“ Nice window looking onto quiet tree lined street
Ideal move in time would be January 1st for either room, but a few days earlier may be possible if needed. If you are interested, send us a message with a little (or a lot) about yourself. The more info the better as usually we receive a lot of messages and will have to decide between a number of candidates. We will just be trying to choose someone who we think will be the best fit for joining our house.
- First and last month’s rent (last month will be used for your last month staying with us)
- Soft credit check (doesn’t affect your score)
- Proof of employment (can be your most recent paycheck or something like that) or Proof of enrollment (if you are a student)
- Preferred intention to stay at least 6 months
- Fill out a get to know you questionnaire we made
About the roomies
A little more about us:
- I am a 29 year old Science Teacher and my girlfriend is a 25 year old Behavioural Therapist/Data Analyst.
- We both work a lot right now but enjoy hanging out at the end of the day and weekend and having interesting conversations. We are both really into travel, recreational sport, eating good food, hiking, and exploring the city.
- Currently the other roommates living with us are all young professionals or graduate students and are all really friend and fun to be around!
Find other rooms nearby: Yonge and Eglinton, Toronto ON, Yonge and Eglinton, Etobicoke ON, Yonge and Eglinton, Toronto ON, Uptown, Toronto ON & Uptown, Toronto ON.
It is free to message and reply to any other user on Roomies – learn more