About the room
Roommate wanted for split-level townhouse. You’ll have your own level with a bedroom, bathroom with shower, living room & kitchenette. Shared common areas include the full kitchen and laundry.
Your personal space includes:
- 1 bedroom
- 1 living room
- 1 bathroom with shower
- kitchenette with bar fridge, microwave, kettle, and sink
- small hall closet storage
- gas fireplace in your living room
- keyless entry and security system
- central AC
- front garden and fenced backyard
- driveway parking for small/midsize vehicles ($75 extra or free street parking)
- garage storage (cost depends on your space needs)
- walking distance to bus routes 131 and 37
- minutes from major shopping malls
- scenic nature trails nearby
Bird-friendly green home environment:
- limited use of fragrances and scents permitted
- no harmful aerosol products
- no candles, incense, or diffusers
- no Teflon (PTFE) or non-stick products
- use only the safe cleaning products provided, unless otherwise discussed
- single occupant only
- pets would be case-by-case decisions. Any pets would need to be quiet and stay in your private space
- non-smoker / non-smoking
- cannabis use permitted outdoors (well clear of doors and windows) or offsite only. Edibles are fine indoors. I am sensitive to the flower so keep things clean and stored properly
- must not have allergies to dogs or birds
Proof of income, references, and signed roommate agreement is required.
About the roomies
I’m an introverted and quiet work-from-home designer (federal government) living with my dog and my birds. I’m friendly and respectful but mostly keep to myself.
I play video games, read, draw, paint, do yoga and work out in my free time. I don’t smoke at all, and only have a small glass of wine on special occasions.
The living arrangement is such that you’ll primarily have the main floor and I’ll primarily have the top floor, with a cross-over for the kitchen so you can cook meals upstairs, and the laundry is downstairs. I use the kitchen a lot and my dog is wary of strangers, so I just need a 15 mins heads up before you come use it to tidy up anything me and the birds have been doing, and to crate my dog.
There are bird-safe rules to follow regarding fragrances, use of aerosol-type products, no Teflon or non-stick, and cleaning products that must be followed as to not harm my birds. I’m happy to provide what’s needed if there’s any confusion.
Preference for a like-minded person - but anyone who will respect the house rules is welcome.